Sunday, April 18, 2010

Climbing a small mountain

Maybe Spring is really here to stay... fingers crosses... today it was in the high 70's and I'm lovin' every minute of it. Local dafodils are in full bloom... down in Carson and Reno the apple trees are in bloom... and I'm outta here on the bike...............
Well believe it or not I've got the easel set up again and sorted out all the supplies... time to get going with the painting...and for the past couple days I've been a today I took aim at the Bosc pear sitting on the cutting board. It's easer to paint things we love.... and that we can eat when finished.


There may be some out there that think ol'geezers can't make it up the hill any more... maybe they think an ol' geezer is really "over the hill"..... got news for ya tho... this is where I am going today... it's close to home and will be great fun....... ya'll come on over and we'll do it together somme time


Can't go anywhere in this valley without meeting up with a friendly neighbor.....


OK... let's get started up the grade... this is going to be fun....


Yup... it's still fun... and we're starting to burn the calories and get the blood flowing


At the bottom of the road there was a sign telling us there were some lots for sale up here..... I investigating... tht I'd come take a look at what is actually for sale..... nice lot... 40 acres... and a great view.... there was a white dodge pickup that passed me on the way up... they are also here looking at the lot


Heh, heh......you thot I was spoofin' ya...... there's my wheels and the valley far below ..... what a wonderful morning

Here's the view from Lot 3..... great spot for a house..... but I think the market has a little adjusting to do yet so I am not going to make an offer today :-)


Well, here we are at the bottom again... coming down was a blast... the cool breeze blowing thru what's left of my hair felt really good...... thru the holes in my helmut of course... If you look very closely... or enlarge the picture a little... you can still see the white Dodge pickup sitting almost halfway up the hill just a speck to the left of center...




back at home on the ranch to do a little reflecting on the day's adventure  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment