Saturday, February 20, 2010

Take an early morning walk

Watching the sun rise is a great start for the day ... cool, refreshing air ...... colors that help me off to a good start ...... a yawning sun slowly stretching up over the hills in the east .... scattered clouds dotting a light, blue sky ...... I missed it all today while I remained snuggled under the black terry sheets and a down comforter grabbing a few extra much needed Zzzz's. Nevertheless, I was out early enough to enjoy a pleasant morning filled with sunshine. A brisk walk in the fresh morning air is just what I needed. I sure felt better after that walk. After I fix the reoccurring flat on my bike I will be riding around the valley. Probably won't happen for a little while. I got my main room in good order.... not a packing box in sight .... no piles of anything no garden tools in the kitchen or hall ... no boxes of bottles jars and bags .... no papers stacked ready to process or put away ... just clean and neat. Feels pretty good. I bought shelves and carts to help me keep it this way. I may need some furniture other than the round solid oak table and chairs and the trundle-bed couch but we'll get to that.
Outside are redwood trees, spruce trees and some oaks. Not the oak trees seemed not to want to give in to Old Man Winter ............ either that or they were embarassed to stand there naked all winter .... they kept all those lovely oak leaves wrapped around the trunk. There is a beauty in the winter oak leaves... couldn't help taking a few pictures. Who knows, they may be the basis of a painting.



OK..... let's head down the driveway. I share the drive with Jim.... he lives at the top end .... my entrance is closer to Old Highway 395 and the gate. If someone comes to visit me I have to go out there and wait to direct them into the lower dirve turnoff or they go right on past ... gives me a break and a chance to get some fresh air. See that little white spot on the right? The entrance to my place is just beyond the green trees behind that light. We are looking towards Old 395 in this picture.


This is the upper drive ... notice the great view early in the morning.

there is a gold course and country club right next door .... with all the normal landscaping you would expect to find there.... including ponds ... as I arrived there this morning a couple canadian geese glided in for a water landing..... a beautiful sight ... I was sorry I did not have my telefoto lense... next time.


Notice that green speck just about in the center ..... that's my roof. :-)



This is the name of this part of the valley ... I have never heard any thunder here .... maybe the local gentry are "mangifagioli" ... heh heh


These are some of the neighbors .... the other houses are similar .... nice to be in a fine neighborhood where everyone has plenty of elbow room

OK... back homw to 5737 and heading up the driveway .... see my turnoff on the left between those trees  ... now if you gun it to get up the hill you are going to roar right on past that little opening. Y'all come on over fur a spell.


There it sits .... the ol  Sprinter .... waiting for the next trip ... if you turned into the proper drive way you will see it standing there waiting.
It's a pleasure sharing these fotos with you while "A Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Kellor plays on the internet. Of course, you can listen to it on your local public radio broadcast station ... but if you miss it simply go on line to http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
Garrison has been doing that program for 40 years    must be some sort of a record .... but he is now going to retire .... sad to see him go but I guess he really deserves it. Best to him....... and best to you all who are being forced to retire early due to the current state of the union.

1 comment:

  1. Got to take you down the street to Davis Creek Park-- Bring the camera. My wife thanks you for the kind words-- and you were right, she is an angel.

    ReplyDelete