Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cup of what?

Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow. -Langston Hughes
http://www.redhotjazz.com/hughes.html

And they used to get on my case in school for "day-dreaming"  .... little did they know :-)

I love chocolate ... I dream of chocolate from time to time .... and Langston Hughes said hold fast to those dreams .... sooooo...... I bought some raw cacao nibs ... it's a health food :-)  ..... quickly I found out that if I ground those cacao nibs; dumped the powder in boiling water; let it steep for a while; added my favorite herb tea the result was a delicious hot drink good for any cold winter evening.... this all leads up to the cup I painted this morning while waiting for Joe to arrive......

Oil on canvas pad 5x7

No comments:

Post a Comment