Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's all in the attitude

The greatest part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.-Martha Washington

Good ol' Martha ... she got it right that time.

Speaking of happy people that would be mom ...... and she finished her year 99 today and begins year 100 ... pretty amazing ..... a lot has happened in the past 100 years. Remember when you were in your teens or early 20's .... 20 years in the future was hard to even imagine let alone plan for ... it seemed like a long time .... don't agree, then look at your retirement savings. :-)  I bet when you are 100, 20 years does not seem like so much when looking back .... and those years probably flew by so fast.
You must agree that mom displays happiness and a good attitude.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”
Charles R. Swindoll

I'm still doing portrait drawing .... here is a study of a young man.




Charcoal on smooth newsprint

No comments:

Post a Comment