Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here and there

Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. -Belva Davis
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow. -Robert H. Goddard

If you have enough fantasies, you're ready in the event that something happens. -Sheila Ballantyne
Dream big, hope big, live big in your mind... just stay within you budget and be happy - Unocchio :-)




Where ever we go there is beauty ... and something for me to paint ..... here at the foot of the great High Sierras there are always old ranches, farms and buildings that have been here (believe it or not) longer than I have been around. .... I getting ready to do some painting so I started with some sketches to put those ideas together... here is one of the sketches





While I was on the coast do you think I could just ignore one of my favorite places on earth? ... nahhhhh

This picture is focused on the ocean.. the movement... the beauty... the smell... the sounds .... sure does add to the happiness. There are always sea walls, pilings docks, and boardwalks so I included a little of that too... this is a knife painting ... except those gulls which I added with a brush.


Oil on gessoed masonite 9x12

Some spots along the coast the land juts out a little from the rocks and some of the rock formations are under the water... more and less as the tide moves in and out .... here we have the tide out a little and the water rolls over some of the low rock formations and tide pools form .... or course food is exposed and the gulls are up and at it... they are always hungry .....  this is still wet so if you see some of my placement marks still there don't fret... they will be erased after the paint dries.

Oil on gessoed masonite 9x12

No comments:

Post a Comment