Monday, January 4, 2010

After all these years

It has been so long that I can not remember when there was occassion that I needed a tow.... now I need 2 tows........
Here you see my new  Dodge Springter heading for the tow company's garage. I drove in ok. it started up the next day..ok...... then it sat for a couple days in some very cold weather.. hmmmm guess what... it never started again. AAA came to fecth it and haul it down to Andy's place for some TLC. I had a flat once just east of Dallas on the freeway.... AAA come and fixed that... other than that I just can not remember a breackdown so serious that I needed a tow truck.
After AAA came for the dodge I took the Ford out to return some Ice melting salt to Home Depot. i was thinking as I motored down So Virginia street .... "my how good this old ford Aerostar has been to me... It simply hums along and never misses a beat.... about that time the engine came to a deadening stop... a big red light came on the dash that said "check engine" ... hmmm... an electrical failure...dang.... and they just hauled away the dogdge Sprinter. I pushed the Ford into the parking lot of the local Firestone garage with the help of a kind stranger...... not that the traffic would even slow down for a couple of blocks pushing a disabled vehicle across the Northbound lane.... what the hell... we need to get home frome work... or something.. ahhh yes... the dodge is in Sparks.. the Ford is broken down on South Virginia St.... I might as well walk home from here... it will do me some good.... it's anly about 4 miles. A cool crisp night. All the lights of south reno  and a crisp winter sky... a good night for a walk.
When I finally arrived home to Bear's suit my cheeks were rosy and I felt good... time for a little wine from the Alexander Valley area of Northern California, a little raw cheeze, a couple small pieces of beef balagna and a couple crackers. A very relazsing way to begin the evening. Following that snack was raw veggies covered with first pressed virgin oilive oil and a little balsamic vinegar. Now I need to get back to sorting the clothes and figuring which I can take with me to Santa Rosa.
How am I going to get there... another story







No comments:

Post a Comment