Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It is easier to forgive an enemy than a friend

It is easier to forgive an enemy than a friend.- Madame Dorothee Deluzy

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.- Buddha

Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.- Richard Bach

 I do the very best I know how-the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference. Abraham Lincoln


 Each Wednesday we head for the Portrait Society of Reno and paint from a live model. Today, it was none other than Renate, the longtime host and manager of the Portrait Society. I say "manager" because she has been doing it for forty years ... opening every Wednesday, contacting the model, setting up the model and then closing down.... quite a spell for doing a great job. There would be no Reno Portrait Society without her.

OK.... I painted her with a knife. Painting can be tough with a knife. Anyway, this actually looks like her... at least that's what she said.




Knife Painting Oil on 11x14 canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment